Hudson Taylor: Saved By a Tract
Gospel tracts have the amazing ability to deliver their message to many souls that the distributor of the tract will never even meet. Hudson Taylor, who was used of the Lord to reach countless souls in China, was one such soul. What a marvelous harvest was reaped from just one seed sown!
Seeking something to while away his time, Hudson Taylor turned over a basket of tracts in his father's library and selected one that looked interesting. While reading it he was struck with the phrase, "The finished work of Christ."
Immediately the words attracted his attention. "What was finished?" he asked himself. Reading further, the tract explained the finished work as "A full and perfect atonement and satisfaction for the sins of the whole world. "
Then Hudson thought, "If the whole work was finished on the cross of Calvary, and the whole debt of sin paid, what is there left for me to do?"
Hudson was thus convinced, as the light of God's truth flashed into his soul by the Holy Spirit, "There was nothing to be done but to fall down on my knees and accept the Saviour and His salvation and praise Him forever."
Hudson Taylor was seventeen years old at the time. He then went on to faithfully serve His Saviour for many years in China.
—Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor
- The Silent Missionary
- Hudson Taylor: Saved By a Tract
- Me? A Missionary?
- The Greatest Missionary
- David Livingstone--Missionary to Africa
- Disappointments--God's Appointments!
- USA a Mission Field?
- Some Notable Quotes by Oswald Chambers
- Question & Answer
- Where the Bible is Not Out of Date
- Paul's Journeys Crossword Puzzle
Share by E-Mail
- "[The man who sent the following e-mail has been on the mailing list since 2002...."
- "I pastor a church in Michigan in a town that has been hit very hard by General..."
- "Please send me a variety of your salvation gospel tracts. My husband ordered..."